Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy 31st birthday infected finger!

Yep, sometime during my birthday the other day, I cut myself and i am now down in Lome with a pretty nasty infection on my finger. It hurts..a lot! I should be better tomorrow with antibiotics and some pain killers.

I had a really nice birthday though and thank you all who were able to call!! The Friday before my bday, I had just finished working at a camp for HIV/AIDS orphans (Camp Espoir) and then went up to my friends village with 4 of my friends. We played cards and had a few beers b/c we were all exhausted from a week running around with the kids. We made pizza in a dutch oven and Grant shared his mint double stuffed Oreos (which I would LOOOVEE here!). I left to go back to my village on Saturday after a really nice walk around my friends village. From there my finger got worse and I was told I needed to come down here. AC and good food for 48 hours...a nice post bday treat...minus gross finger!!

Otherwise things are good. My large project of rebuilding the middle school has been stopped due to the fact that the government has come in and has started rebuilding it themselves. Its great that the kids will get a new school for the start of the new semester but it sort of put a damper on the thoughts of a 2 year long project for me. There are other opportunities in my village for other projects so I am not concerned. Things have been busy this "summer" with training and a week of Camp Espoir, welcoming the new group of volunteers to country, saying goodbye to volunteers who are leaving and getting ready for a big fete in village where they wrestle and eat dog! I am passing on all mentioned but will enjoy watching!

Its pretty amazing that time has flown by so fast and in September I will be hitting my year mark. CRAZY!! I miss you all!!
:: posted by Jocelyn, 2:07 PM

2 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blogger syiling peringatan malaysia, at July 31, 2009 at 1:04 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blogger Pablo (yo), at September 21, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

Add a comment