Tuesday, September 22, 2009

One year in Togo...check

Isn't it amazing that a year can fly by so fast? I arrived in Togo a year ago, scared out of my mind, wondering what the hell I was doing here and excited at the same time to have a new adventure! Here I am now, living in a tiny three room house, surrounded by children and speaking French and Kabye. Its crazy how surreal life can be and how blessed I am to have this opportunity to grow as a person and to share part of my life with new friends.
This past week brought me back to Lome to welcome a new group of girls education volunteers to country. I was chosen as a volunteer trainer for this week to help introduce them to Togo and help them adjust to living in Africa. Its been a pretty draining experience but its great to feel like the "experienced" one and be throwing out advice like candy. I am heading up to the training site tomorrow with the group and leave Saturday for a few days of R&R. Next Wednesday I head to Ghana for my flight to AUSTRALIA!! I am ecstatic! I am looking forward to spending 14 days with my dear friend Daniella, in the land down under! I will have Internet and skype during that time as well, so communication will be great then. Pictures will also be posted!
I hope all is well in America or wherever you all! I miss and love you all!
:: posted by Jocelyn, 1:29 PM

2 Comments:

We miss you! Feels like a year to me!!! Hailey needs to meet her Auntie J!! Have a great Aussie adventure!
Blogger stacyamatthews, at September 29, 2009 at 1:51 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blogger Pablo (yo), at September 30, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

Add a comment